What to think about when attending medical appointments…
Attending medical or therapy appointments can sometimes feel stressful.
There may be a lot of paperwork, medication, and information to keep track of.
This may include:
- What might happen on the day?
- Is there anything I need to do to get ready for the appointment?
- How long will the appointment be?
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
- Do I have to pay for anything?
- Is there parking?
- Is there a long wait time?
Remember, you can choose to have support whilst at an appointment.
There are many ways you can be supported at an appointment.
Your supports could:
- Drive or travel with you
- Help you to arrive on time
- Wait with you
- Help you to feel calm
- Attend the appointment with you
- Write down important information
- Make sure your questions are answered
- Assist you to understand what is being said
- Write down what to do next
- Help you make another appointment
There may be things you have to do after your appointment.
You may need to:
- Sort through paperwork
- Book another appointment
- Fill a prescription
Being organised and having the right supports can help you to complete these tasks.
If you are worried about anything from an appointment, don’t keep these worries to yourself, speak to someone you trust.
Remember, your health is important, and you are in charge of your body!
Want more tips?
Subscribe to the Me Plus More newsletter below.