Budgeting money when you have an intellectual disability
Here are some of our top tips for budgeting your money.
This includes money:
- You earn from your job
- Other sources
This is called your income.
2. Now work out how much you spend each month, these are your expenses.
- Make sure you include costs that change weekly such as:
- Outing costs
- Include fixed costs such as:
- Utility bills
Your expenses should be less than your income.
If you need help creating a budget plan you can talk to:
- A financial planner
- A support worker
It is important that you track your expenses, you could:
- Use an expense tracking app
- Use a spreadsheet
- Write it down in a journal
Here are some ways to save money:
- Deposit money into a savings bank account each month
- Use a budgeting app that shows you how to put money aside to save
You can save money on other expenses by:
- Comparing the costs of things like groceries
- Avoid buying things on credit as there can be high fees
Saving money is great!
For more good tips you can sign up to our newsletter.