5 reasons to hire someone with an Intellectual Disability
There are many myths when it comes to people with an intellectual disability.
Probably the most common misconception is that those with an intellectual disability cannot work.
1. People with intellectual disabilities have skills and abilities that can be useful to your business.
2. People with intellectual disability will often go the extra mile.
3. People with intellectual disabilities want to work, and they take pride in their accomplishments.
Working gives people a sense of purpose and achievement.
This is no different for people with intellectual disabilities.
4. People with intellectual disabilities often think outside the box and are good at problem solving.
5. Hiring people with an intellectual disability is good for the community.